pearlharborhonorhd_front
FanFix January 08, 2023 1131
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I remember seeing this in the theaters when it came out and leaving 3 hours dumber. This edit is a fantastic example of trimming the fat and leaving something worth watching!

While I am fully aware that the goal was to recreate the original edit piece by piece, I think that some very small changes could have fixed parts of the narrative (especially some of the more cringe-worthy parts). For example by the time Ben Affleck crashes in the ocean, we barely know him or his relationship to Josh Hartnett, so there is zero emotional punch to his "death" and resurrection. This could have very easily been removed with no effect on the film that I can see.

Judging the edit on its story and choices, I think it deserves the 8 on narrative. Judging Spence's work as an editor, it's a 10/10. Impressive as always.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply October 17, 2023

Thanks for the review! As you mentioned, the goal was to simply recreate a classic edit exactly, in HD. If this were "my edit" I would certainly have considered what you're suggesting. Maybe someday!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments