FanFix November 16, 2019 14748
(Updated: February 02, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As someone who steered clear of the theatrical cut, I decided to watch your take on the material after reading a number of positive reviews. I'm glad I did. This was a fascinating look at love, the human struggle against loneliness, and the will to protect one's fellow passenger.

Jennifer Lawrence is a generational talent. One of the reasons that I avoided the theatrical version was it looking to focus so heavily on Chris Pratt and him moping around. This edit fixes any potential narrative flab and -- as another reviewer mentions -- heightens the mystery elements in the process.

Across the board, this is a beautiful looking and sounding film. A few spots have too sentimental music for my taste but that cannot be helped I suspect.

I've seen a number of fan edits on here that rank as stellar experiences and this ranks among them. This isn't an epic film in need of a longer cut. At 82 minutes, it offers a subtle look at two people learning to forgive and move forward. A great lesson compared to so many sci-fi films that cast humanity in such a negative light.

I'll make sure to keep an eye on your future edits!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
C
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments