MatrixRevolutionsDecoded2_front.jpg
FanFix September 03, 2014 29505
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit is AWESOME!!! For a while, the "Hacked" edits and "2.0" were both satisfying enough for my Matrix sequel needs, but this one is definitely the best one. The genius way shots and scenes were moved around to fit this new take on the same narrative work beautifully. It was so much fun to see new shots appear at different parts of the film after previously asking myself "Wait, why would this be cut?", then later on say "Oh!! So it could be used here. Wow!! This works perfectly!!".

As others have said, even at over 2 hours it doesn't drag. Gotta be honest, after the big highway chase, I began to think "Welp, this is where the movie's gonna slow down since there isn't really any inside the matrix action left". But to my surprise, I found myself enjoying the real world war battle and Niobe chase sequence just as much as the rest. I think adding in the other Niobe/Locke scenes was a great idea because I like how it fleshes them out so much more. It makes the characters feel more "complete". Something we don't get in the theatrical versions. Now some may say that it's odd to spend so much of the opening focusing on these new characters instead of Neo and co. but the way I see it, these characters are already established.

There are little nitpicks that've already been mentioned, so no point in repeating them. Me personally I enjoy this edit so much that I completely look past them. TBH, I haven't even watched the theatrical versions of either films in about 10 years, so whenever I watch a new edit of these films (and at this point I've seen nearly all of them), it really is like getting a new experience. Like I'm watching these movies for the first time again, since I've forgotten most of the boring fluff anyway.

My only nitpick is the trimming of the fight scenes. For me they're the highlights of these movies. I understand pacing, and it DOES work, but for me, I'll never forget seeing "Reloaded" in the theater with my friends at the midnight showing the night before the release and barely being able to stay in my seat during the burly brawl. So yeah seeing the fight scenes get trimmed even if just slightly is my only real nitpick.

Great job dude. You're a real talent. Like the editors on the other 2, you've also saved this franchise (for me). I hope someday the cast and crew hear about it (assuming they're good sports about what we do here, of course lol).

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply September 24, 2014

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad the movie didn't disappoint you after it got past the stronger Reloaded sections. I put a lot of thought into how to make Revolutions just as good. I'm sorry I had to cut a bit of the action. It's always funny to see competing reviews of Matrix films state that I both cut too much and cut too little action. There's certainly no happy medium there :)

T
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments