FanFix September 03, 2014 29508
(Updated: January 23, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was SUCH an incredible cut of these movies.

RELOADED / FIRST 90 MINS
It felt like so many things were just sped along perfectly: no cave orgy sex scene (until the credits), no making out with Persephone in the bathroom, no ticking clock at the nuclear plant, no prophecy about Trinity dying and Neo giving her the Lazarus treatment, and best of all no Agent Smith inside Bane. It's just a badass story about machines drilling and wall-to-wall kickass action. And there are the many small improvements (no bowling pin sound effects during the Burly Brawl for one).

REVOLUTIONS / LAST HOUR
This hour is the Dock Battle, Niobi's Flight, Neo in the Machine City, and the Smith battle, and that's it. It's the perfect cap to everything the movie has been building toward. The plot sliding from Neo's conversation with The Architect to deciding to fly to The Machine City came rather abruptly, but overall the transition between movies went well. Removing Bane was very well done! Having the machine flying into him do the blinding was inexplicable in the narrative sense but was so goddamn clever that I didn't care. My only issue is that Trinity should have died as well, and the very last shot of the edit, the crane coming down, was a bit awkward (but I love the narrative implications of beginnings and endings).

Overall a TRULY superb watch!! It was really so good. I'm very impressed. Also loved the Architect getting what he deserved :)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments