Extended Edition April 20, 2021 3042
(Updated: November 04, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Only at my most nit-picky does this edit just miss a perfect mark, and by the smallest hair. This is a well put together extended cut which Wraith takes up an extra notch with the added bonus of a visually striking opening credits sequence. It's almost technically flawless, as I did notice one audio hiccup during the final song where a couple extended shots were inserted. Also, I (barely) noticed some compression artifacts during an extended scene, but I don't know if that's a limitation of the original deleted scene quality or introduced in the process. Either way, it only briefly distracted me for a moment and I didn't notice it for the remainder of the film even when I was looking for it. The only other distraction was the small logo in the corner during the added footage, and while I understand its purpose it took me out of the film a bit. Narratively the extra scenes all make sense and fit in their placement, however they mostly don't add much to the film for me. Personally I prefer the theatrical version, but as an extended cut Wraith's edit certainly gets the job done and then some (that opening credits flare!).

Edit: After a closer look, I believe the extended/deleted scenes just aren't quite at the same visual quality of the film and Wraith's edit is at or near the a/v quality of the available sources, so I updated the score to reflect that.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments