laughandletdie_front
Movie-to-TV November 01, 2023 1810
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

'We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then'.

Police Squad was always a criminally (no pun intended) underrated series and to this very day, probably still is the case. I've always loved the Naked films and Airplane! and one can never get enough Leslie Nielsen. So when DonkeyKonga announced his 'Laugh and Let Die' project, I was absolutely excited! While the narrative is somewhat disjointed and convoluted, I think that's exactly what works about it. So much of the Naked Gun and Airplane's humour derives from a nonsensical and non-sequitur nature that this new edit acceptably fits into that category.

I think if you accept that, you'll have an absolute blast. Besides, I don't watch Leslie Nielsen comedies for the plot. I watch these films because I want to laugh my arse off. Laugh and Let Die successfully achieves that! While preserving the best humour of the show, DonkeyKonga has also found a way to inject a new visual gag into the edit as well. Very funny too! I think it's clever acknowledging the fact that the credits appear way past the beginning and the whole presentation feels like a gag itself.

Although, we never got a fourth Naked Gun film. I'm happy to say that DonkeyKonga has created something that fits nicely alongside the other films in the series. You won't be disappointed.

I highly recommend this edit!

Take a bow, DonkeyKonga.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
Top 1000 Reviewer 3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments