justiceleaguemother_front
FanFix January 27, 2023 2726
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I just finished watching Wakeupkeo's edits of BvS, JL and most of MoS, and I'm coming away very impressed. I think the highest compliment you can give any edit is that it's the only version you will watch in the future, and that is definitely the case for these terrific versions of JL and BvS. I never really had any problems with the theatrical edits of MoS or WW, so I'll probably stick with the originals for those.

For JL, he takes the core of the ZS version, trims the scenes that made you look for a fan edit in the first place, and seamlessly (color correction and FX) integrates the more redeeming parts of the JS version to make it a bit more fun. Scene transitions are entirely unnoticeable, and as I watched it was honestly hard to recall the bits that had been cut and which bits were from each movie. You just get lost in the pacing, and that's the heart of a great edit.

I don't have any major criticisms of the editing or story choices, though I personally will choose to skip the credit scenes in future viewings as they (again, just my opinion) detract more than they add. I hated the race scene, and Luthor's escape isn't going anywhere.

The only minor technical issue I had was with the sound. My receiver is reading the mix as Dolby Digital, but it seems to be encoded in stereo (no center, no surrounds). But the sound quality in JL is the best of the three, and there's a much higher quality version of it available as well (compared to BvS and MoS).

Mostly, just thank you for doing this. The JW version of JL was terrible, and the ZS version was bloated, and this is just a really nice balance of the two. Cheers!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments