Review Detail

9.2 25 10
(Updated: September 12, 2012)
Enjoyment

September 5, 2008

This is a very bold edit, due mostly to ID leaving out the opening Young Indy sequence. This decision works well for those of us who didn’t particularly care for it to begin with, and takes you right into the movie very quickly (Perhaps a little too quickly for some, but not much could be done about that.) His use of footage from the Perfect Storm is inspired and blends in very nicely with the Last Crusade footage. Nice job integrating the new credits, very slick.

All the little cuts he has made throughout are well done and serve their purpose. The only real holes are 1) at the castle. How did they get in if it is a secret Nazi stronghold? Of course, given Spielberg’s original solution, this certainly can be forgiven. :) and 2) is during the attack on the German convoy. How and why did Marcus and Henry get into the tank?

There still one or two lines that could go (IMO), but other than a few minor qualms, this is a very fine edit. No audio / video issues, great presentation.

I’d say ID has achieved his intention with this fan-edit.

I give it a 4 of 5. Great work. ID is a fan-editor to watch out for, for sure.

Let me add: I especially liked the excising of the “No Ticket” bit (funny, but unnecessary) and the plane in the tunnel (not funny and unnecessary). It took some nads to cut out such memorable (for better or worse) pieces. Kudos.
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments