eventhorizon_front.jpg
FanMix December 18, 2014 6444
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The idea of In the Mouth of Event Horizon, I think, sounds good on paper but in practice didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Both films star Sam Neill, and both movies focus on his characters descent into madness, but that's where the similarities end.

It was basically watching In the Mouth of Madness with bits of Event Horizon sprinkled in. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it begs the question as to why? If it doesn't improve and/or change the narrative I'm not sure what the point was, and this edit accomplishes neither. The shots from Event Horizon don't add anything to Carpenter's film.

That's not to say this is a bad edit. The video and audio quality are fine and I didn't notice any cuts. The special effect changes were really well done and to be honest I was quite impressed by them. That said, I didn't feel like I was watching anything different than "In the Mouth of Madness".

I'm happy I watched this fanedit, I enjoyed it, though I feel the narrative suffered from the inclusion of "Event Horizon" since it didn't really add anything.

Do I recommend the edit? Sure. Why not? But I don't think it's one I need to see again.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments