FanFix August 14, 2021 4847
(Updated: March 02, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Not just a vast improvement on the original version, lapis' edit of Incredible Hulk is a tantalizing glimpse of an alternate MCU where the tone is a bit more Edward Norton and a bit less Robert Downey Jr -- that is to say, dark but not grim and not constant snarky asides. The characters under lapis' editing are more consistent, likeable, sympathetic and, in Tim Roth's case, menacing. For anyone re-watching this film prior to Abomination's reappearances in Shang-Chi and (upcoming) She-Hulk, this is definitely the version you want to watch. One nitpick: while I applaud and agree with the decision to remove Banner's heartrate monitor as a plot device, at several points during the soda factory chase I could hear it beeping and wondered if something was wrong with my phone somewhere. Lastly, the integration of "The Consultant" into the post-credits sequence salvages that original version from incoherence, and it's hugely appreciated to have it here with the film proper.

This edit changes a largely ignored MCU chapter into one of its must-see highlights. Hugely recommended.

P.S. As always, lapis knocks it out of the park on the cover art side of things. Always nice to see Gil "Sugar" Kane's art pop up unexpectedly.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
R
Top 10 Reviewer 156 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments