FanFix October 29, 2023 638
(Updated: October 31, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First things first: This edit has subtitles. Not enough edits have subtitles. Note to all editors: (English) subtitles are awesome,.

Enjoyment can easily be an 8 or 9 if you have a younger audience watching.

This was a fun watch, but I went in with completely wrong expectations so I feel a review is in order. I had not seen the original and wanted to test if I could *feel* the cuts if I had not seen the original first.

This is not an adult horror movie. I thought it was going to be lol, but it's more a gremlins/goonies kind of scary movie aimed at a younger audience.

Most of the cuts seem very sensible, althought sometimes you can feel something is missing. Not because the cut is bad, but because the flow of the story doesn't follow the usual cliché. Funny how you get accustomed to this. The audio was flawless by the way. I don't have a 5.1 system, but it sounded great on my stereo setup.

Enjoyment is a strange one. If I had kids who were the target audience I'd probably score this higher. It's a fun Halloween flick to watch with kids who are old enough to watch the aforementioned Gremlins.

I watched some scenes of the original and I feel like you've almost hit the sweet spot with the clown. I definitely would re-instate the wink, but maybe use it in his second encounter with the clown. Right now I feel both encounters are too similar. Having the kid fight the clown and showing it a bit more might be a good idea, (though definitely keep out the annoying sounds it makes in the original!)

Movie is easy enough to follow, but sometimes I felt some plots could be dropped (the mother's date can go imo, just have her go out of town for work, that's enough)

Thanks for the fun Halloween night, William! Me and my wife had a great time!
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments