FanFix March 05, 2022 2710
(Updated: October 22, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I watched Halloween (2018) when it first came out, While I thought it was decent for a slasher film, I didn't continue the series after seeing the lukewarm reviews of Halloween Kills. I've now decided to watch through the latest Halloween trilogy using fanedits. Ryantology's edit seemed like a good choice for the second film.

"Halloween Kills: Recut" is well done from a technical perspective and the editing is seamless. However, I do have one narrative criticism. I wont get into spoilers, but I was confused with the conclusion. I wasn't sure if Judy Greer's character was having vision or the final event was actually happening. I went and read the changes afterward for clarity, though I am not sure that is ideal.

Unfortunately, I also don't think the edit helped make Halloween: Kills much more compelling (at least for me). Michael Myers going around as an indestructible force didn't really do it for me. I liked the flashback and introduction of surviving characters from the first film, but the town mob events that came from that could have been better executed (not the editors fault).

Ultimately, I don't think Halloween: Kill itself brings much new or interesting to the slasher table. Ryantology's two-in-one film might be the better way to view the first two films. Never-the-less, if you are looking to watch a standalone version, "Halloween Kills: Recut" is a nice tight edit of the second film.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
Top 1000 Reviewer 3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments