haloweendiestonight_front
FanFix April 14, 2023 1917
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

And I was wondering how we can salvage the trash that was Halloween Ends...we don't! We delete the entire movie and keep only the fight at the end! Haha...In all seriousness though, I wasn't expecting that. As the edit went on I was thinking, when are we going to transition to the third film? Obviously, when we passed the one hour mark I understood what was going on and I smiled.

I'm a big fan of the Halloween franchise, actually, big fan of Michael Myers and the original film to be honest and I was happy that there was going to be an attempt for a new sequel trilogy. I kind of enjoyed the 'Returns', I really enjoyed 'Kills' and then I was completely disappointed with 'Ends'. What a horrible way to end this trilogy..Ever since, I was waiting for a fanedit but there was nothing, until I came across this one here. I don't think it can get better than this for me. The editor kept most of Halloween Kills, which I really liked, and threw away most of Ends and kept the ending so we can have a closure.

All the cuts were seamless and every transition was great, with the exception of one scene. At the end of Kills where the town gangs up on Michael and it seems they killed him, so Laurey's daughter leaves, after that Michael kills her and we get a flashback that he actually lived and butchered everyone from before. The editor chose to reverse that and we actually see Michael get up and retaliate immediately instead of later on. I don't think that this worked very well. Although the scene with Michael getting up immediately was fine and it didn't feel out of place, what felt out of place were the scenes with Laurie's daughter. I got confused of what was going on and the only reason I knew was obviously because I had watched the original film.

Other than that, excellent edit and I definitely recommend it to everyone who did not like Halloween Ends and also wants a more trimmed down version of Kills. For me, it will be my go-to version from now on in any future Halloween H40 marathons.

Thank you Speems for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments