godfatheropus_vito_front
FanMix March 27, 2021 10539
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Okay, folks. I've seen a number of "complete" Godfather edits, often keying off the chronological Saga shown in TV in 1977. With various sources like lasers, VHS rips and broadcasts they are sometimes a visual mixed bag and transitions have sometimes been jarring.

Wraith has managed to find supreme-looking sources here as well as extra bits and pieces (some not in that original cut) to fully flesh out the Godfather saga seamlessly here. Like Coppola's Apocalypse Now I feel this film always benefited from more material and nuance and grown to think the chronological telling of Vito's saga is as good as the original, especially with all the added call-backs.

Visual and audio transitions are very well done. Interesting minor editorial adjustments like not including the Saga's opening title card in Corleone explaining Vito's father's death via Don Ciccio (up to you to put it together). This is immersive and well worth your time. I watched the originals again right before I saw this to remind myself what was not originally included.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments