(Updated: April 03, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Belatedly here is another review.
I watched this about 6 months ago. The biggest accolade I can give is I watched it again last night.

What TM2YC has done here is nothing short of spectacular on many fronts.

I saw this edit having NOT watched the original due to the awful press. In fact, I had no intention of watching the original ever. But on a cold viewing, I was really shocked at how good the film was, the performances, the restraint, the great comedy, timing, writing. WOW. What the hell was everyone complaining about ? OH>>>>IDIOT...You are watching a fanedit!!!! T H A T is how good I thought it was. IN fact I couldn't believe the original could be as bad as people said. REALLY? YUP. IN fact the theatrical version is a car crash of Hobbit Trilogy proportions, if not worse.

This film has been sal;vaged beyond what the filmmakers deserved. The judicious trims, cuts, etc all enhance the experience and allow the comic genius of the actors and writers to shine. When actors are let to ad-lib, the edit suite is where you pick the gems and dump the trash. That step was left out which dimished the final theatrical cut. IN fact, this edit does not pass more than 30 to 60 secs without a change and yet is seamless. As a fellow faneditor, I was waiting to spot the lazy fade, early trim, or "you should have cut that". BUT NOPE, this is just perfect.

I did watch the original a few months back and .....dear god!!!! I wont EVER be doing that again.

TM2YC, You made an outstanding rescue of this piece now worthy of the franchise. Thanks you for letting these ladies shine and your artistry!
PERFECTLY JUDGED AND EXECUTED! Power me up!

W
PS
As others have noted, not making deductions for the inherent issues that can't be solved short of a re-write or re-shoot.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments