Fall of the Jedi: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
And to The Cutter for being the first to show Padme alive utilizing footage from The Other Boleyn Girl. I mean no disrespect by borrowing your idea.
- NTSC DVD-5
- AVCHD (DVD-9)
- Blu-Ray (BD-25)
- tweaked opening crawl
- trimmed opening space battle throughout (no buzz droids, etc.)
- cut R2D2
- cut all droid talks, screeches and screams
- trimmed final battle with Dooku and Palpatine's over zealous enjoyment
- Anakin kills Dooku without being encouraged by Palpatine
- trimmed rescue throughout
- cut "Time to abandon ship!"
- trimmed crash landing
- trimmed Anakin and Obi-Wan talking after dropping off Palpatine
- cut Padme watching from the shadows, and Anakin rushing to her to learn she's pregnant
- cut Grevious landing on Utapau and talking to the Emperor
- cut Anakin and Padme balcony scene
- cut Anakin talking to Yoda about his dreams
- added scene discussing a possible rebellion
- trimmed Anakin confessing his concerns about the Jedi to Padme
- trimmed Kashyyyk battle
- "I have trained you since you were a small boy…"
- trimmed Obi-Wan going to confront Grevious and ensuing battle
- cut "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi."
- trimmed scene of Anakin and Padme staring across the city to each other
- tweaked Jedi confrontation and battle with Palpatine
- cut all references to "Vader"
- cut "And so it is."
- cut Obi-Wan swimming to safety
- cut Yoda leaving Kashyyyk
- cut Yoda and Obi-Wan fighting their way into the Jedi temple
- tweaked dialog between Yoda and Obi-Wan in temple
- tweaked dialog between Anakin and Padme on Mustafar
- cut Yoda and Palpatine confrontation and fight
- tweaked Anakin and Obi-Wan fight
- cut Palpatine rescuing Anakin
- cut Padme dying
- added footage of Padme alive with one of the babies
Q2 has done a stellar job and capped off his edit of the prequel trilogy wonderfully. Thanks to his edits I can quite happily sit and watch the PT now without feeling I'm grinding my way through something just to get to something better! Thanks!
Q2 improved PT - I can see anyone choosing these over the originals any day!
Watched this one yesterday evening, and as with the rest of the "Fall of the Jedi" Trilogy, editing is top-notch from all point of views. The feel of the story is heavily improved through the deletion of comedic and distracting elements. Also the Plot was even changed a bit in places where i didnt expect it.
All the editing is invisible (for me at least) and all the choices are really good ones.
As with th other two parts of this trilogy, this edit changes a movie i can only watch on a shallow entertaining level into a Movie i can take serious as a Star Wars movie.
Fine Job again Q2.
I said most of what I wanted to say in my review of Fall of the Jedi episode I. Fantastic work that has renewed my enjoyment of Star Wars; something I've been unable to do since making the mistake of seeing episodes I - III in the theaters. Just seeing those once ruined Star Wars for me for years. After watching these I'm happy to say I'm going to be able to enjoy Star Wars again. I only saw the theatrical releases once each, and I hope that by watching the Fall of the Jedi series several times I can erase the blight of the originals from my mind! Thank you.
This one is rated-down slightly from the other two because I actually liked it less that episodes I or II. Not sure exactly why, maybe it couldn't be saved. I think, ultimately, that Anakin's fall to evil was just so unbelievable and baseless in the theatrical versions, that it isn't fixable. I mean, we've got one of the most evil (even if eventually redeemed) figures in the galaxy, and he became evil because he had perfectly normal teenage/young male angst. How could you ever fix that? Probably can't be done...
Okay, this edit is great. The first thing you have to understand going in to this is that Q2 enjoys certain things and hates certain things which you may not agree with. The visual and Audio editing is perfect but there's one big problem, Q2 likes the pace and development of the original movie. In episode 1, he made it into a fast little action packed flick which was quite fun but here it's sloooooow. He cuts down tons of dialogue but ALSO cuts down battles and friendly banter and also any form of comedic relief, I completely understand removing the battle droids' voices but there has to be something there (3P0 and R2) to calm the audience down or to get the audience excited. This leaves a movie with a lot of dialogue for no reason and very little action in comparison. His edit does the same thing as the original but takes out cringe-worthy lines and some silly action. So if you enjoy revenge of the sith already, you will love this edit, if you hate almost everything about revenge of the sith, you will also hate this.