FanFix June 02, 2012 10654
(Updated: January 13, 2018)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This has to be the best version of The Phantom Menace out there. For the first time I didn't feel like pulling my eyes out watching this film. You actually made Jar Jar Binks bearable, he isn't even annoying in this edit (still has that stupid voice though but hey what can you do). I love the fact that you cut out any mention of R2-D2 and C-3PO I really hated that in the original, why the hell would they think it was a good idea to have made Darth Vader be the one who created C-3PO? And I loathe every time they mentioned R2-D2 saving the day "that little droid did it" and the Queen commending a droid for his great work. I also love how you made Anakin not go into the space battle at all, this really annoyed me and other edits have made it out so that he saves the day on purpose and not by accident, I don't think a little boy should be in that battle at all. Although I would have preferred if you kept the brief scene of Qui-Gon telling Anakin to stay hidden in the ship just so that the audience can know where he is during the intense battle scenes. Great ending without that stupid celebration scene, and you also made Obi-Wan's relationship with Anakin much better. I would have given it a 10/10 but this is still The Phantom Menace and there are things that just can't be saved. Editing like this really makes you realise just how important editing is to a film, this literally went from being a truly awful film in my eyes, I've said for years that this film is unwatchable.. to a flawed but fun film all through editing.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
J
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments