Review Detail

9.3 35 10
FanFix June 02, 2012 10611
Enjoyment

Ep.1 was my least favourite of the PT, too many reasons to list. After viewing the Q2 v.2 edit my order of preference is now in question.

Right from the opening crawl my apprehensions about watching Ep.1 and being disappointed again started to fade, as the words were what I wanted to read. The opening scenes of the Lucas cut are hollow but in the Q2 edit there is now a new dynamic which provides pace and draws you in. At the point when the federation ships descended upon Naboo I moved my chair closer to the TV, lowered the blinds and turned up the volume… could this be the movie I had been waiting for?

Being mindful of my feelings I started to notice something different in myself, I had lost a pressure which normally sat at the top of my head in the form of a frown when watching Ep.1. All the little annoyances that had been present before started to fade; there were things about the original cut I had not noticed bothering me before, I guess I had started to suffer from prequel denial as a coping mechanism against disappointment. My subconscious must have been telling me; surely the PT cannot be that bad… can they? This edit was like therapy for me.

Great ending too!

At 89 mins I had feared v.2 would be too short, not so. It was just right. I wanted to watch it again, straight after the neon blue closing credits appeared; this has never happened to me before with Ep.1.

This movie has been rescued from what was a toy-selling commercial travesty into something those of all ages can now enjoy. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Q2 for your efforts. This cut deserves to be called a Star Wars movie. Episode 1 has finally arrived.

Thank you Q2.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments