FanMix November 19, 2023 934
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a fun watch!
Loved the new opening with the additional graphics and earthquake footage; it really re-energized the movie.

And wow, the new synth score! Some truly inspired new additions that really made this feel like a proper continuation of EFNY. Though I was disappointed the Escape From New York theme was not incorporated somewhere in the edit as I have always associated it as Snake's theme too. Otherwise, the new score really sets the perfect tone and elevates the narrative.

But I did note a few technical issues. There are multiple video encoded glitches/stutters throughout the film that are at times distracting. Some of the new score is a bit too loud in some scenes, drowning out parts of dialogue or essential foley sound effects. There was 3 or 4 very loud audio pops. And there is noticeable distorted dialogue and/or foley in some scenes where audio remover has been employed.

These did tech issues, while noticeable, did not distract me from really appreciating the creative approach and hard work the editor poured into this project. Well worth checking out!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments