Ender's Game: Extended EditionFeatured
1. Ender says goodbye to his family
2. Cafeteria confrontation with Bonzo/Conversation with O'Reily/Counting doubles/I.F. Warning
3. Graff/Anderson conversation "You mean we lie to him"
4. Ender/Dink bathroom conversation
5. Valentine visits Ender at lake. (I didn't include Graff/Valentine conversation or car pulling up to rehab center due to unfinished effects...all that was added were a few extended glances.)
6. Mazer/Graff conversation "we should tell him the truth"
Ender's Game is one of my favorite books. As many other people, I do not like the pace of the theatrical version. But there is nothing in the movie that I dislike, I just feel that some important things are missing, and I have been waiting all this time the release of some kind of extended version.
I think ebumms cut is the best we are going to get. The extra scenes improve the movie a lot, even when I still miss some things (that sadly were never filmed).
As an avid fan of the book, I was very disappointed by the theatrical cut. It felt very rushed and lacked in emotional depth. Luckily, ebumms extended edition helps a lot. Ebumms superbly and seamlessly inserted several deleted scenes with finished graphics, and those scenes add a lot of the missing depth, and also slow the pacing a little bit to allow the viewers to better appreciate Ender.
While ebumms's skills are wonderful, the source material is still flawed. Don't expect wonders from this edit, because one cannot add scenes that were never filmed. Still, this edit is definitely worth a watch, and is very recommended.