dune84part1_front
FanFix April 23, 2022 2586
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

TLDR: If you are a Dune fan and want a new perspective on this film, check it out.

I originally saw the theatrical cut around the age of 11 or 12 at a screening (Dad was in the business). I had not read the books and knew nothing of the movie as they hadn't even started advertising it yet. I was old enough to understand the plot and young enough not to notice how crap some of the movie is. As a kid, this movie blew me away and I enjoyed it very much, so I have a soft spot in my heart for this film even to this day. Of course I now know how crap it really is, especially comparing it to the books and other iterations that have been made.

I really enjoyed Dune 2021 and I like the idea of using the pacing of that for this edit. I also appreciate the additions and trying to make things as seamless as possible. It fluctuates from perfect and unnoticeable to very noticeable. Considering the source material though, I'm impressed how well it came together with Keo's editing.

This version definitely helps the story narrative, but it also highlights just how bad some of the screenplay, dialogue, directing and acting are. Unfortunately, because of that it is not very enjoyable as a stand alone film and if you aren't already a fan of the original.

As Wakeupkeo stated, this is for a very small audience, but for any fellow Dune 1984 fan this is definitely worth a watch!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments