Review Detail

9.7 15 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I hold Dune in very high regard. The original David Lynch film was one of my formative cinematic experiences, inspiring me to read Frank Herbert's original book series by the time I got through middle school. As soon as I learned about the art of fanedits, I sought out a version of Lynch's film that better represented the book's story and tone.

Spicediver's fifteen year journey in completing this edit is commendable. Drawing upon as much material as possible and putting in an immense amount of effort to complete effects, he's created the fullest version of Dune possible, While there is some visual incongruity between video sources, he's gone to great lengths to incorporate them into the film as naturally as possible.

While the majority of the internal narration is thankfully excises, my only suggestion is to eliminate these sections further, even some of the Virginia Madsen narrative moments - The story offered, I feel, is complete set up well enough that I feel the audience can be trusted to understand the narrative.

Still, this fanedit is one of my favorite discoveries, and my definite go-to when the Dune mood strikes.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments