FanFix May 02, 2012 24358
(Updated: September 02, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The editing is superb…hard cuts: gone. Audio: Great…video: amazing quality…the edits…

This movie started out amazingly, but it started to fade out in spots…certain things were left in that were gone in other edits that I was really happy about were left in this edit:

The Grevious body armor “duh” moment, The stupid lightsaber twirling and force pushing, and even the smidgeon of Vader rotating up on the table during the birth of Vader scene is entirely unwelcome, Chewbacca is still in there (that was a terrible scene to begin with), and the Palpatine suddenly all white and wrinkled for no reason left me scratching my head…there were a couple other minor niggles, scene-wise, but they didn’t matter too much.

On the good side, though, some of the edits were mind-blowing…like the way the Anakin/Obi Wan and Yoda/Palpatine fights were edited together, the opening space battle was unreal, the Boga sounds were all new and incredibly cool…there were many, many cool edits in this that made me smile.

I hate to bring up other editors in a review, but if Stankpac’s and JasonN’s versions were this beautifully refined, I would have to go with theirs.

So…

Audio: Amazing – 10/10

Video: Amazing (like REALLY amazing) – 10/10

Editing quality: Amazing – 10/10

Editing Choices: Sorry…( 6/10…just because some of my most hated scenes were left intact.

Overall, I have to give it a 7/10

Even with the amazing audio, video and editing quality, this isn’t my go-to version…perhaps with some tweaking, it will be.

Great job, overall!!!

*******Updated May 13, 2012********
Heyo again…

After re-reading my earlier post, I realized how negative it seemed. I was very distracted and rushed while I wrote it, so it came across as overly harsh, and I have to apologize.

While there were the parts I mentioned that didn’t work for me, my review overshadowed what a truly amazing edit L8WRTR has put together. The audio and video editing was flawless, and I mean FLAWLESS. Quite honestly, it was a technical marvel to behold.

If lucas had put as much love into HIS versions as L8WRTR, he would not have lost the long-time fans that he did.

Just because this edit wasn’t completely to my tastes, it really doesn’t deserve the drubbing I gave it earlier.

Keep up your amazing work L8WRTR!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments