9.5 11 10
FanFix April 22, 2019 3471
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I loved the movie when I was a kid and named my next cats Vega and Lyra after watching it. The characters annoyed me back then as they annoyed me now, the heavy breathing, constantly on the verge of breakdown demeanour that Jodie Foster calls acting, the insufferably arrogant chauvinism pumping through the veins of the movie right until the very last scene, it's all a little too much and I'm never quite sure if the tension I feel watching it is induced by the heart pounding screenplay or the eye-straining, wrinkled forehead and jutted jaw of Jodie. But it's a good movie, and lapis molari has done it justice by streamlining it to reduce the 90s cringe and I can't fault any of the edit as it appeared flawless to me.

However, the Carl Sagan narrative seemed a little unnecessary, or perhaps it could have had a better effect if it was around 30 seconds into the credits, the movie has finished, the music fades, there's some rustling, then Carl Sagan starts his spiel. I hadn't seen the movie in a while and I was curious about this ending but for it to come straight as the movie finished was an unwelcome surprise and it was all too much like changing the channel too quickly. But there's something there of value for sure. Thanks Lapis.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments