Review Detail

9.4 15 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As a huge fan of The Clone Wars series, I went looking for something else to get a look at the series in a new light. It was such a gem to find that someone was making films out of the episodes to enhance the stories.

The stand-out point of this film was the visuals. From the title crawl to the end credits, it was perfect. Brilliant transitions and swipes were seamlessly edited in.

The quality of the video and audio were also perfect, I heard everything and it all looked beautiful.

A slight downside would be the audio editing, sometimes lines would feel a little out of place, but it didn't detract from the experience.

The narrative focused mainly on two arcs from season 1 and the season 2 finale. I liked how the overarching plot was about the Malevolence, culminating in the destruction of it.
The Boba Fett arc however, felt a little unresolved. With the omission of Lethal Trackdown, Fett's story was left hanging. Personally after crashing an entire cruiser on a planet and then executing the survivors, if I found out my target survived. I wouldn't just stop there and then.

Perhaps in future there could be a film starting with Lethal Trackdown togive Fett closure, maybe an improvised plot concerning Padme and Ziro the Hutt using footage from the Clone Wars film, Assassin and Hunt for Ziro, the episodes could also intertwine with Dooku Captured so as to introduce Hondo Ohnaka (a favourite of mine).
It would make for some good Ahsoka scenes and character development, as I think she has sort of been neglected so far, with her meant to be one of the main cast.
Of course this is all just an idea though. It's all up to the editor.

Overall, this film was great and I'm easily anticipating the coming seven. Keep up the outstanding work! ;)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments