FanFix October 21, 2021 4320
(Updated: April 14, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm a fan of the original (even if Carol is introduced as quite an unlikable person) seeing as it was the first female-led MCU project. I'm a girl that's rooting for more female superheroes, sue me. Tremault's edit did what Marvel should've, cut out the BS and all the poorly executed sarcasm and turn it into a well-rounded intro to a badass. I loved the color change that came with the flashbacks and especially appreciated that we got to see them in real time. Above all, the replacement of the young Carols standing up in various settings montage has to be one of my favorite changes of this edit. That HAD to go. As she'd intended to do with this cut, Tremault made Carol Danvers far less bitter-sounding and succeeded in making her likable.

As for the negatives, the blur effect meant to portray the implants interference with Carol's abilities seemed a little random and I wouldn't have known what the intent of it was without reading the 'Changes' list. Initially I thought it was meant to highlight her heightened emotions. Next, there were 2 instances where scenes seemed misplaced: the Starforce crew's deleted scene before descending to Torfa starts at an awkward spot ("Was there every any doubt?"), and the strange placement of Yon-Rogg's long conversation with Ronan meant to cover the time it took for Carol to walk from the stove to the table also felt strange. Another slight blunder was the distorted call from the phone booth to Yon-Rogg, which felt a bit clunky, I think this might have been avoided if lines hadn't been repeated and is fairly minor, and probably entirely personal preference. My final mention is in regards to the volume of the replaced montage. Most of the lines are nearly drowned out by the music and I'm not entirely sure what the intention was here. Were we supposed to hear some of it, all of it or none of it?

Even with the list of negatives, I thoroughly enjoyed this edit, have already watched it three times. and I would absolutely recommend it.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
Top 1000 Reviewer 2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
April 14, 2024
Thank you for your feedback! You made some good points and I really appreciate it.
T
tremault
1 results - showing 1 - 1