cptmarvellove_front
FanFix October 21, 2021 4342
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I am one of those people that didn't actually hate the movie, although it's not in my top MCU films, not by a long shot. I have only watched it a couple of times and that was years ago, so that created a minor problem with the deleted and the added scenes, because I couldn't remember all the changes with this edit. On the other hand, this was a good thing because since I couldn't understand or be certain of what scene was tampered with, it shows what a great job the editor did! Technical-wise the edit was excellent!

When it comes to the overall purpose of this edit, which was to make Carol more likeable, I believe it was spot on! And not only that, the overall pacing was better. The added flashbacks, the removal of some silly humor or redundant scenes, all worked for the best. I'm really curious what the editor has done with Shang-Chi, because that movie I really loved, but it was certainly not perfect.

So, I most definitely recommend this edit for anyone whose major problem with the movie was how obnoxious Carol was and I believe it will be your go to version of the film. The 8 in the enjoyment factor has to do with the movie itself, not with the editor's work.

Thanks to anyone who read my review and thanks to Themault for all the hard work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments