captainsupreme_front
FanFix April 03, 2023 1511
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Having watched another two edits for this movie, I can safely say that this is the best one. All the others are mostly trying to tone down Denvers and make her less obnoxious, which is fair and I agree, but Josephdquinn took it a step further and actually improved the pacing and the plot.

I really enjoyed the new introduction to the character and the way he made Yon-Rogg be a legit good guy until the revelation towards the end of the film. With the way he is presented here, you can't tell that something is wrong with him. In this subject though, I'm suprised that the editor didn't remove the "eulogy" from Talos, which reveals to us he is a Skrull, to the dead Skrull after Fury left the scene with the autopsy. I know that when Fury finds out it's not much later, but still, it is much more clever to have the audience find that out alongside Fury when Talos calls him Nicholas, instead of blatantly say it to our face at the autopsy scene. Give the viewers some credit Marvel, we are not stupid!

Technical-wise it was perfect, all the cuts were seamless. Well done!

For me, the movie is salvaged, still though not one of the better ones of the MCU, but I can happily now rewatch it in any future Infinity Saga marathons. So, I most definitely recommend this edit and I bet this will be your go-to version of the movie.

Thank you Josephdquinn for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply February 23, 2024

6 months later, I've read your review again and decided to see how it would look if I were to cut the "eulogy" scene with Talos. I've decided this is the way to go! So in my most recent update, that scene is removed! Thanks for the suggestion!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
August 18, 2023
*rather than "further", you might want to say "different". The work here is on improving the film, not improving Carol's character or her motivations like in the "Where Is the Love?" edit.
M
mnkykungfu
August 19, 2023
Thank you so much for the high praise.
Contrary to what mnkykungfu commented, I did intend to improve Carol's character, so I thank you for recognizing that!
J
josephdquinn
2 results - showing 1 - 2