9.7 9 10
Extended Edition April 19, 2020 5207
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A typically excellent Bobson Extended Cut of an already very good Marvel movie, 2/3 of the deleted scenes don't impact the movie hugely -- although more Dum Dum Dugan is always appreciated -- however, extending the final scene with Nick Fury addresses a major problem that I've had since my first viewing, the obviously truncated explanation of Cap's revival. The little bit of extra detail beyond the line "you were asleep" lends some much-needed credibility to a plot element that the movie, the Cap franchise, and the entire MCU hangs its hats on.

My only qualm is that Bobson didn't add the additional footage of Steve struggling with life in the 20th century that was, apparently, part of an Acura commercial? The editor has even worked with the footage, posting an "Old Man Steve" mini-film on the message boards, and I wish that material, which leads directly into The Avengers, could have been added as a mid or post-credit sequence.

A wonderfully fun B+ movie elevated to an A-, but with that extra little bit it would be a full A in my books. (I urge anyone watching this edit to seek out that commercial in the meantime! It has more Stan Lee if that's your thing.)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
R
Top 10 Reviewer 156 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 30, 2022
The Acura deleted scene is from The Avengers.
J
josephdquinn
1 results - showing 1 - 1