Review Detail

9.9 16 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I've been a fan of Blade Runner since I watched it in the cinema as a kid growing up in the U.S.
Since then I've watched it dozens and dozens of times - for me it is still one of the most pivotal sci-fi movies ever made.
However, I always been disappointed with the many re-releases of the original; Because without the voice-over VO (Director's Cut, Final Cut, etc) they just don't feel the same as what I originally experienced at the movies. ( I know many will disagree with me and ask how I could disagree with Ridley, but the voice-over is what I experienced first, and for me it will always be what I compare everything else to... and without the VO the movie just feels lacking ( just like a book or a play where the narrator has been taken out ).
And now, nearly 40 years later I finally have seen the version that has it all... every frame of Blade Runner goodness and every bit of VO ++
Hats off to you WRAITH and let me say personally "You've done a man's job, sir." !
Thank you for giving me the version of Blade Runner that I always dreamed would be made!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 13, 2021

Thanks for the review. I should note, that not EVERY bit of VO has been put back...just a few choice lines that enhance the narrative and keeps the frequency of VO fairly regular. There were plenty more lines, but the remainder felt like padding nad some are SOOOOO badly delivered.

Glad you enjoyed it Sir!

K
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
May 30, 2021
Thank you for that review.

Watching this without the VO for me was like watching a silent movie...I needed that inner voice...and the studios SOMETIMES do get it right.

Love the quote too! Classy!

W
wraith
1 results - showing 1 - 1