FanFix March 15, 2017 31784
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

In the words of Janice from the tv show Friends, "OH. MY. GOD!"
Before I get ahead of myself, my brief thoughts on the original. I liked a lot the theatrical version and I looved the extended edition. So, I didn't come here for a fanfix, I came because I was intrigued of the editor's premise, a very different, grounded film. And that's what I got!

This edit is a testament to what a talented editor can achieve if he has a vision and a lot of resource material to work with. The movie is three hours long, plus some unused scenes from trailers etc, so lots of stuff to go through. And voilĂ , a whole new film emerged!

Technical wise, although it's been some time since I watched it but I didn't have a fanedit account back then to make a review, it was excellent. I don't remember noticing the changes (obviously I knew what was missing) or "feel" that something was tampered with. Everything was smooth. When I rewatch it, if I do notice something, I will edit my review. Nevertheless, a job well done here!

And now the important part, the narrative. Guys, I couldn't believe what I was watching. I couldn't believe that there was a different movie, whithin the movie that I already loved. This was a BvS, without ANY other subplot, beside just that, Batman not trusting his own guts, let alone a godlike being chilling on earth. The narrative was excellent, nothing was missing and everything, for these two, made sense. The only reason I graded with a 9 the narrative, is for DCEU continuity. You can watch this after MoS or even watch WW after, but JL is out of the question. But it doesn't matter! This is an experience on its own!

So, this is recommended for anyone who disliked the original or, like me, just wants more of DC and doesn't mind seeing a different version of what he already loves, without bothering about continuity!

Thank you reeseevans and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments