9.7 22 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Partly a cut/paste of my JL review...

I just finished watching Wakeupkeo's edits of BvS, JL and most of MoS, and I'm coming away very impressed. I think the highest compliment you can give any edit is that it's the only version you will watch in the future, and that is definitely the case for these terrific versions of JL and BvS. I never really had any problems with the theatrical edits of MoS or WW, so I'll probably stick with the originals for those.

I enjoyed a lot of things about the original BvS, but it also had a few "c'mon man" moments that were either a bit too out of character or were just outright corny (Martha). This edit expertly removes the few things I hated and streamlines the rest of the movie to give it a much more engaging pace. I doubt you'll notice any rough cuts or transitions.

The only minor technical issue I had was with the sound. My receiver is reading the mix as Dolby Digital, but it seems to be encoded in stereo (no center, no surrounds). This could be specific to my setup, but I thought it was worth a mention, especially with my having no other criticisms whatsoever. Kudos on an excellent edit, and thank you for your work on it!!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments