bfrestored_front
Extended Edition November 05, 2023 1745
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a very interesting one to review because it's essentially an improvement on someone else's edit. Full disclosure I watched Bobson's just before watching yours, to see if the work you put in created something new or unique, and I would say that it has. It would be impossible to review yours without mentioning Bobson / Jensen.

First, the color palette is closer to the original movie's color, which if someone is more of a purist they may enjoy more. Second, the additional minute or so of dialogue throughout was fun to see, even if it was very minimal, and some of the lines were pretty fun. Third and finally, the small changes to flow of the day/night scenes was interesting! It's not something I would have noticed on my own, but I can see why you would go through the effort to change them.

Overall, a very good and complete VWP, and which version people choose to keep is entirely dependent on personal preference: your cut that is "unbiased Joel with a comic book palette" or Bobson's "personal touch and more realistic palette." Personally I can't choose!

Great work!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments