bttf_moreroads_front
Extended Edition June 24, 2021 3361
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Once again, Bobson has made an original cut of BTTF obsolete, going above and beyond to assemble shots of alternate '85 from disparate sources to further build the dark world that Marty, Doc and Einstein find themselves dropped into. Watching an extended sequence with Marty's brother Dave (fallen from the yuppie heights we last saw him in) is delightful for entirely the wrong reasons, and seeing Hill Valley High as a bombed-out ruin is just icing on the cake.

I'm not sure the world needed more of the beyond-nightmarish Future McFly household with lots of clones of Michael J Fox running around, but it's still nice to have it in there, in its complete version. In all, the movie that predicted vaporwave *and* Avengers Endgame has gotten the edition its fans deserve, and I'm glad for it.

One small complaint: I've always hated HATED the "Part III preview" at the end, which completely dispenses with the tragic and ingenious cliffhanger Part II ends on (imagine Empire Strikes Back ending with a look forward at Ewoks and Boba Fett falling in a hole, and you'll see what I mean), and I was hoping that this edition would do away with it. Alas, not.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
R
Top 10 Reviewer 156 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments