8.6 2 10
TV-to-Movie April 05, 2020 1645
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Much like the first of these, there are good and bad elements to this attempt of turning the show into a movie. This one suffers less from the feeling of being two distinct halves (although it is not entirely free from it), but over all it is an enjoyable experience. I do think that removing Katherine's connection to Sinclair was a missed opportunity, with her storyline feeling much less grounded because of it, and I also think that some rearranging could bring more harmony to the two halves, it is still a tremendous effort, and far more than I could ever have hoped to accomplish, even though I had contemplated trying my hand at just such an endeavour. Watching this effort makes me think that perhaps instead of movies, a "prestige TV" format might have better suited the franchise, cutting the 22 episode seasons into 8 or so leaner, more condensed and less fluff filled episodes per season. Not sure, though. I am not an expert. Regardless, for Babylon 5 fans, this is a good way to re-experience the story without the drag, but I do not recommend for those who have never seen the show before, as it has some narrative rough spots that would likely prove disruptive if the viewer was not already familiar.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments