FanFix September 09, 2020 4900
(Updated: October 26, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Aquaman: Special Edition is a good edit that makes the movie progress faster by removing some elements of the original movie and changing the order of events slightly. The transitions from the re ordering of events is seamless and makes viewing quality comparable to the original. You still get the same level of detail to the story narration; even with some of the original dialogue removed. If this version was shown to someone who had not seen the original one; I believe it would be well received by them.

I like the fact that Black Manta was tightened up some as a character. When I seen the theatrical release I was hooked on the Manta theme and still am today. The fight scene on the sub was shortened but this did not take away from the impact of the characters introduction. By changing this scene it delivered a more serious tone that Black Manta was skilled and formidable villain. With this portrayal I think it emphasizes on the original Black Manta theme from the film. It gives a more ominous feeling for the character itself and what he could do in the future.

Overall, this edit was enjoyable to watch and I would like to thank the editor Wakeupkeo for taking their time give us this version to watch!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Blu-Ray
R
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments