Extended Edition February 02, 2019 11879
(Updated: September 06, 2019)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This gave me a new appreciation for the film. The use of extra (in some cases, alternative) scenes really helped the movie, as did the cuts and moving things around. For example, Dr Ratha's fate, Connor's appeal for help, the clock tower scene, Ben's death (alternative version) all add real depth, not just more images. The variation in the visual quality of the added material was a bit distracting, and it is a pity that the greenscreen hand in the scene where Parker shadows Connor to the alley was not fixed, unlike the greenscreen arm in the appeal for help scene (the plastic-looking lizard scurrying around Connors' lair was also a bit jarring). I completely appreciate though that this is a labour of love, and provided for free, and that not everything is possible, and I stress that these few quibbles do not detract from the overall wonderful job done here. Thank you, editor!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
September 06, 2019
Thanks for the review, Dingo! I appreciate your feedback. I must say though, I do not understand what you mean by the variation in visual quality, as all deleted scenes were ripped and restored in high quality (also, you listed the MP4 as SD however the file is in 720p HD). If you mean color correction and a few less than stellar or undone green screen effects then yes I agree with you, but there is only so much that I can do. That said, I will pay attention to the high quality of the second version and also pay more attention to color correction and maybe if I can find a way to fix it the green screen arm (also I may have forgot to cut that little CG lizard in the deleted scene at Connors' lair so that's my bad). Look forward to an even better second version!
M
masirimso17
September 17, 2019
In reply to an earlier comment

Hi. Thanks for the feedback: yes, by "variation" I meant the unfinished green-screen stuff, and colouring. I apologise for being vague. I totally appreciate the amazing job you did with the film, and I appreciate every bit of blood, sweat and tears that you put into the film. My bad on the SD, you are correct in it being HD. Thank you again for this amazing edit!!!
D
dingo
2 results - showing 1 - 2