Review Detail

9.7 24 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Originally posted 2 months ago: https://old.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comments/rlw7vd/tasm_the_untold_extended_edition_and_tasm2_the/

Ho. Ly. Shit. I already thought the original was decent but Masirimso's edit elevates it to a whole new level. Cleaner, faster, and more focused, it lets the film's pros shine through. And has Jamie Foxx's Electro less of an uninteresting "Hate Spider-Man" guy to a sympathetic villain who feels angry at the world for making him feel unimportant. I'd say he's now worthy of the Raimi films in this edit.

Only had three problems with the edit. May's phone call while doing the laundry felt too oddly cut to me, perhaps have everything before she agrees to a double shift cut and just have it start there? Another thing was the odd cut of Harry's prison scene. It just felt it didn't result to anything and would have rather have had the Sinister Six setup retained to have the film a "Gamera: Revenge Of Iris"-type ending. Finally, I wish Masirimso keep the subplot of Richard using his blood for the experiments and having only the Parkers be able to use it. That was the main reason that Peter said no to Harry using his blood since it would not have worked and just have resulted in a mutation.

As a whole though, bravo Masirimso. Bravo. You've turned a OK film into one of the best.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments