9.7 24 10
(Updated: February 14, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Although I am a DC fan, or rather I became one growing up, overall, Spider-Man is my all time favourite superhero! I have read lots of comics, both with Peter and Miles Morales, seen the great Amazing Spider-Man animation and of course, watched several times all 8 of his movies. The original two Amazing Spider-Man films, were really hit or miss for me. Several good stuff in them and several bad. Let's say, for the second Amazing movie, my overall enjoyment factor was a 7, mostly because they had the balls to kill Gwen (spoiler alert) and, for me, it has the best and most comic-accurate Spider-Man costume ever!

When I came upon the "Untold" edits I was really really intrigued. I mean, having all the "Peter parents" plot from the second movie into the first, which was his origin film, made perfect sense! And for this one, maybe it became a little better without several distractions.

As with the previous one, the visual and audio editing here was again, excellent! You could not tell if anything was tampered with or missing. So job well done for a second time!!

On the narrative side of things, did the movie become better without all the removed stuff? Overall yes, quite a bit! I was able to enjoy great Spidey action and humor without unnecessary distractions from before. But, there was another, negative, thing that came out brighter than before, by removing all the fat. The poorly written and totally rushed Green Goblin. Seriously, I realised it even more with this edit. And the unfortunate thing is, you cannot remove him because he kills Gwen (again, spoiler alert). So we are stack with this character..

A minor gripe that I have, is that the editor also kept Rhino at the end. But I understand, you can't close the film with a funeral, plus if you remove Rhino, you have to remove the scene with the little kid, which was great! Still, if a way was found to end the movie without Rhino, (maybe some web slingin around town?), it would be less cringey.

So, I definitely recommend to check this out, I believe it will be your go-to version, unless you absolutely hated the original. For me it will be from now on!

Thank you Marisimo17 and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments