9.7 8 10
FanFix June 01, 2020 4603
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have had a love/hate relationship with the original Freddy Vs. Jason, I feel its glorious schlock and genuinely neat concepts were undercut by poor character writing and unbalanced comedy. This October, I completed the Nightmare On Elm Street series for the first time after years of loving the original. With all this fresh in my mind, I found it very impressive how just some small tweaks worked to create a tone more in line with the original series. Freddy retains his sense of humor but feels like a stronger, more threatening presence and less like Jim Carrey's Grinch. There isn't much that can be done to save the weak main crew, but cutting down Kia's dialogue is always a plus.

I had a great time, I was surprised at how much more engaged I was with the story this time around. Though I have always seen potential in this film, it was very satisfying to see some of it captivated. My only gripes would be that removing Lori's last line kinda deflated her arc and made that final moment less impactful. I also prefer the original look of the boiler room, but the other color correction was great.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
E
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments