halloweenii_front
FanMix August 03, 2022 1982
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The idea intrigued me. Having just made a mashup of Halloween 1 & 2 and being a fan of the newer movies, I appreciated the idea of H18 and Halloween Kills becoming one movie, which is a first of the later sequels. The changes listed and the narrative intrigued me. I finally got to sit down and watch this edit. Overall, I recommend this edit to anyone trying to see the complete night he came back 40 years later. Seeing this editor play scenes from both movies in chronological order was awesome and a first as far as the new sequels. It was enjoyable but came with its flaws. I think the editing overall was professional and the editor demonstrated that they have great skill with audio editing. The music additions and changes felt official in the sense of sound. I felt some of the music choices were wrong however. Some of the blending of old music with new music felt imbalanced. I felt some of the choices from H1 and H2 did not fit in to some of the scenes do to the inherent differences of the era of music. It simply did not match and noticeably some it of it felt out of place. The visual cuts and and blending of audio to following scenes were professionally done and seemless. I did not notice any hard visual cuts. However, the early titles and titles were visually hard on the eyes. It was clear credits from actual films were cut and placed on black backgrounds. One scene of Laurie during H18 was seen to have similar hard video quality as Laurie was placed on a black background of a closet and noticeably unnatural. The volume got intensely louder as we cut from H18 to Kills, despite scenes from Kills being scene placed during timeline of H18 with comparable audio levels. The narrative overall worked well. I felt some of the characters and scenes of H18 were trimmed a bit too much, more specifically the podcast duo and the babysitter. It felt a bit choppy with these characters and a bit early in this edit but progressively played out well. I felt Halloween Kills was edited extremely well. I enjoyed the film but there are obvious universal issues with the film that don't need to be mentioned here. The editor did a great job highlighting what was great about that movie specifically and making those aspects work with their narrative. I felt some of the gore was cut a bit much too, specifically with H18. Maybe this was an attempt to make it feel more like the goal of the original Halloween? I'm not sure, but I would have liked to have seen those aspects trimmed less. Overall, I had a great time watching this. Thank you for bringing these two movies together. I look forward to Halloween Ends and the future of all of these movies possibly together. Thanks Nostromo!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply November 28, 2022

thank you for the kind words, and feedback

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments