halloweenii_front
FanMix August 03, 2022 1982
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Had the pleasure of watching this Fanedit a few days ago and was interested with nostromo777's difficult task of integrating Halloween II (1981), Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills (2021) into one coherent storyline. Ultimately, this Fanedit works. I thoroughly enjoyed the viewing experience and was impressed with how nostromo777 combined all 3 films (particularly 2018 and Kills). Opening with Halloween II (1981) and the flashback from Kills sets this Fanedit off on the right foot and retains that energy throughout the rest of its' runtime. Apart from a few sudden jump-cuts and moments where the original audio soundtrack could be heard, the editing is top-notch and the new score choices definitely heighten the suspense. The removal of many distracting sideplots that do not work (most notably the hospital patient in Kills), allows for the story to stay focused. Overall, I would recommend this Fanedit if you are looking for a more streamlined version of 2018 and Kills.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply August 20, 2022

Thanks for the review! If you could PM me some specifics about where you see jumpcuts or hear old music, perhaps I can clean them up. I have found that the error is usually in Premiere's final render.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments