terminatorraymix_front
FanFix October 24, 2022 1776
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I hadn't seen the Terminator in a while prior to this edit, and for that reason, I won't be doing a thorough analysis on how this one differs from the original. But I like the original and consider it a classic as well as a staple of the sci-fi genre.

With that said, most of the changes to this edit didn't really improve the film for me, but at the same time, they didn't worsen it either. This is pretty much the movie I liked, just told differently. Between the two (or at least, what I remember), I'd say this one is just as good as the original.

The technical side of this edit is also very good. Most of the cuts and changes were invisible, and nothing stood out too obviously except for one thing: a few of the deleted scenes looked slightly distorted, like they came from a letterboxed or 4:3 SD source. However, I'm more forgiving of this because I know how much of a pain in the neck it can be finding decent quality deleted scenes.

I also think the color grading looks too clean, but that might be a consequence of the source, and not the editor. I also had some hardships with the LPCM soundtrack and had to compress the audio down to AAC via my trusty Handbrake in order to watch the edit, so there's a chance that I saw this in lower quality than everyone else. Take my thoughts on the color grading however you wish.

Still, if you like The Terminator, I think you'll enjoy this version of it as well. Give it a watch if you're feeling up for it.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
(Updated: November 15, 2022) November 15, 2022
Thanks for the review!
As for the quality of the deleted scenes, they're taken from the bluray & this is the best quality we have them in. Fairly rough.
As for the color grade; I only altered the color of the deleted scenes & the puppet head during the surgery scene.
As for the audio issue... I dunno. Plays fine for me. I'm interested if anybody else has this problem?
Glad you enjoyed the edit!
Thanks again!
R
ray-danger
1 results - showing 1 - 1