ww84excel_front
FanFix September 23, 2021 7585
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Accomplishing the impossible here, WakeupKeo has streamlined one of the most mixed up of DC's troubled filmography, injecting it with new energy and paring away a lot of what was holding it back. I have yet to encounter an editor as capable of integrating new pop music into a film, blended with the sound FX and dialogue and timing of the editing to the point like it seemed as though it was always there, but this is one of WakeupKeo's many skills. Deliberately immersing this in a twisting waterslide of Bill & Ted music to give new flavour to a period piece strangely coy about using 80s music to its fullest. The 'In Time' moment in Diana's apartment brought genuine tears to my eyes, looking back on the actions of a hidden superhero still trying her best to help humanity rather than only mourning the loss of Steve (It's what Captain Carter would have done!). Dutiful pruning of nonsense, convolution and the weird implications of this newly summoned Steve occupying the body of Some 80s Guy all contribute to a story about preoccupation with what Diana, Minerva and Maxwell WANT. The single, solitary star I've deducted is not down to the editor but the fact that the third act of this movie, with its catfight and wish-renouncement sequences really is impossible to salvage into a denouement worthy of Wonder Woman, but what was achieved is manifestly getting the best out of what footage is there. Thank you for rescuing this one from the delirium of its theatrical cut. Very much looking forward to watching more of these.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 8 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments