ww84excel_front
FanFix September 23, 2021 7564
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I didn't like WW84 when I saw it, and watching it again with a critical eye before this edit, I liked it even less. The pacing is a mess, the tone bounces between overwrought and goofy, and just overall the movie is just a missed opportunity.

So I came into this edit expecting better, but not really hoping for anything great. And then the opening scene set to Material Girl started up, and I was hooked. Really, the whole movie benefits immensely from the more bombastic style each song presents.

The editing also in this movie is great. If I hadn't just watched the original I doubt I would have noticed any cuts, and even with my knowledge there were plenty of times that I couldn't even remember what went because of how seamlessly it worked. And between then cuts and the music, this movie actually gave me moments of emotions, and the final moment where Lord removes his wish actually gave me some goosebumps.

All in all, I think Wakeupkeo has delivered the best version of this movie that is possible. I can't wait to make my way through the rest of his DCEU edits.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
N
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments