FanFix September 23, 2021 7584
(Updated: October 02, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I don't pretend to know anything about the DC Comics franchise and i suppose i watch the movies with a certain naivety , however, i do seem to prefer DC over the MCU..The recent Suicide Squad was a barrel of fun and i even found the Harley Quinn standalone entertaining and i was able to switch off my brain for a couple of hours.....Yes WW84 was very generic but i personally think Patty Jenkins was probably going for that all encompassing 80's feel that she kind of got visually but ended up sonically anaemic.

Watching WW84 on bluray a few months back i felt the film missed a trick by not incorporating some all out cheese fest of 80's music. Luckily we have Wakeupkeo to put that right I loved this edit and personally i don't think the editor has given himself enough credit.. The cuts are in all the right places and your music choices are spot on. I would personally only change about three of the songs and at first i was a bit baffled that you have chosen post 1984 songs - "Top Gun" Theme ...but i'm even warming to that now, as ultimately this edit is "An Excellent Adventure" & not WW84.

If we have any VFX wizzes on this site that can help by incorporating a jet into the travelling to Cairo sequence then this edit would go up a level.

A fantastic job and definitely my go to version of WW84 with a few music tweaks that i intend to replace thanks to your kind offer of providing us with a clean version of your edit.
L
Top 500 Reviewer 15 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments