FanFix May 30, 2023 2021
(Updated: March 23, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Let me start off by saying that removing the family tie between Logan and Victor feels neither here nor there for me — tho it feels like doing so sort of started this movie on the wrong foot. Cutting out the shot of young James starting to scream before killing his dad felt jarring in that scene, which had me concerned for the rest of the edit. Fortunately, the pacing of this intro scene was really the only technical issue for me. I think the editor did a great job with this edit — not exactly saving the movie in my eyes but making it much more interesting to watch.

I would have personally removed Emma Frost and Professor X if possible, particularly for chronological watching with First Class, but that’s not really what this editor seems to be concerned with — which is valid enough.

Solid work!

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply March 29, 2024

Thanks @freddieflix for the review. I do agree with @mnkykungfu, it seems maybe your issues were more more with the narrative than the audio and visual editing, but either way, thank you!
Side note, to your point about Emma and Professor X, I actually (partially) did do this for my personal version that I watch myself. I didn't remove Emma Frost because they never mention her by name, she's just another random mutant with similar powers in my head. But, I did remove Patrick Stewart as Professor X and inserted shots of James McAvoy speaking telepathically. I didn't release that version because I did it later and it is cut up as a series, and have since lost the project files due to a hard drive crash. So to do it would mean rebuilding from scratch, which I may do someday!

F
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
March 23, 2024
The Audio and Visual Editing scores are technical categories. By taking 3 points off each, you're indicating that there were very noticeable technical errors in the editing, like awkward sound cuts or picture jumps. It's customary to note what those were if you're going to knock off several points for it, as they're significant oversights by the editor.
M
mnkykungfu
1 results - showing 1 - 1