wolverineweaponx_front
FanFix May 30, 2023 1956
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I had forgotten about Wolverine Origins completely. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, I love all of them except Origins, New Mutants and also the Last Stand wasn't so great but not level Origins bad, so I didn't feel that I "needed" to salvage this, I had ten other mutant movies to watch. I accidentally saw this edit when I was scanning Reddit for fanedits not listed here (this is but I didn't know that) and I thought to myself, you know what, why not! And boy am I glad I did!

I haven't watched the "Codename" fanedit previously, so I have no idea how many of the changes/ideas are from there. Guys, this edit is excellent! I seriously don't think that there is anything else that can be done to improve this film. At least not from the parts that should be gone. One might argue for instance that he doesn't like the helicopter action scene, but we go into completely subjective territory then.

The narrative is much more focused, most of the cheesiness is gone, super bad CGI even for back then is gone (you can't get all of them, the movie is old), Deadpool is gone for the most part, you can't get rid of him completely, and we have a very decent Wolverine Origins movie that we can actually enjoy in an X-Men marathon!

Technical-wise the cuts were seamless, you won't miss anything and you won't notice that anything is missing. Only in the beginning where Logan is a kid there is an awkward sequence when his claws come out and he flies to the attacker, but other than that, excellent work!

Unless you absolutely hated the original movie, then this edit is for you and I guarantee you it will be your go-to version in any future X-Men marathons! I know it will be for me!

Thank you Bailey for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply August 13, 2023

Thanks for the great review!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments