9.3 48 10
FanMix July 07, 2012 8709
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Simply amazing! Very coherent story which is full of surprises, none of them too cheesy (though I had to laugh out loud because of the "Roger, Roger!"). Some edits and effects are near to flawless, some are easily spotted, some elements are a bit "off", but nothing really spoiled my enjoyment. I would have preferred a bit less Wampa-shooting, some more scratches to better match the film to the lesser quality of some segments, and an improvement of some audio (in a few audio bits, speech is strangely "pitched", maybe due to an extraction from background music or effects).

To bring back an important character which was killed in the first installment "War of the Stars", the solution TMBTM has chosen was obvious, but some details and ideas in the process were ingenious. I had such a lot of fun - even with the segments of Return of the Jedi (I hated this movie almost as much as the prequels, when it first came out: I just saw it a single time in the theatre then, which speaks volumes – but TMBTM brought back the joy!).

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments