venom_marvelcut_front
FanFix August 21, 2023 1423
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First, I must say it was really hard to decide, if to give this edit a perfect 10 or not, since it is a very well done project.

Things that immediately stand out are the pacing of the new opening, very smooth and enjoyable, we get to know the main hero and his relationships gradually before jumping in to the whole symbiote plot. If you can't decide if you want to watch this edit or not, it is honestly really worth it, just for the first half of the film.

The MCU references, the subtle easter eggs and nods to main universe, are done exceptionally in well taste.

The editing is superb, so why 9/10 on visual editing? As I've said in the beginning, I've so little nit picks so couldn't decide if it was even worth lowering the score because of them. Two maybe 7-10 seconds parts felt a little bit "rushed" and paced too fast, after the re-editing, but don't let my subjective opinion fool you. It was only this way, because I've seen the original, all the cuts, trims and re-shuffles, are unnoticeable to the first time viewer, both from technical and story wise angles. And let's be fair the movie has it's own similar problems towards the end, even in the original cut.

Although I've liked some silly, but cut scenes, it honestly didn't affect my enjoyment overall, I can see the benefit of them being cut. Movie still pretrains it's lightheadedness, that's on brand with other Marvel movies.

Moving forward, that will for sure be a definitive version that I will rewatch.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments